Sunday, June 3, 2007

Summer Days = Fun Days


First off for those of you who don't know, Jeff has a new job!! He starts working for DHL tomorrow. We are super excited for him to have this new opportunity!! So, he has had the last 2 weeks off to play with his girls (oh and squeeze in 3 rounds of golf!!)

So, we took the girls to the Splash Pad at the Y by our house. They love the water and we were exhausted chasing after them.


Check out the play area behind Kaiden. We can't wait until they can climb and play on it, we (I mean they) will have so much fun!!



Since their 18 month birthday was Friday, we used that as an excuse to head downtown to The Children's Museum and to have lunch at The Aquarium. We had the best time and wore them out!! And Mommy and Daddy too!!


Kaiden loves this fish!! She rides on it forever.




Kaiden's checking the rear view mirror and Kenedi's checking to make sure they are well within the speed limit!!



We then headed off to The Aquarium to have lunch. What we didn't know is that they had a ton of fun things for kids to do. We rode on a shark train ride. I just thought that was a cute name because we were at the aquarium. No, it's really a shark ride. They take you into this tank of sharks and they are swimming all around and OVER you and they STOP the train. Ok, most of you know I am a huge CHICKEN and I'm having to sit very calmly so I don't freak Kenedi out. All I wanted to do was yell what are you thinking lets get this train MOVING.

Here is an example:



Well we all survived and headed inside for lunch. Daddy and his girls.

Can you believe I was actually there? Here is my ONE picture I was in for the entire day!! OH WELL!!



We had to ride the carousel before we left. Kids under 2 are free so we just walked on over. Jeff and Kenedi went in first and Kaiden and I followed. Jeff went right in and the guy looked at me like I had lost my mind. I told him she was under 2 and he LAUGHED... out loud. I really think he thought I was scamming him to get a free ride on the carousel. So, as I am telling him I promise she's only 18 months I go to set Kaiden on the carousel next to Kenedi. She immediately starts climbing up my body and whimpering. This is not like her lately so I look down and I am trying to put her on an alligator that has the biggest teeth I have ever seen on a carousel. Poor thing. So we opted to scoot Kenedi over to the seahorse so Kaiden could ride on the dolphin. She sat right on and let me buckle her in. She thought Mommy had lost her mind!!


Kenedi and her seahorse!!





Kaiden loving the dolphin ride!!




They are having so much fun!!




The alligator!! YIKES!! Sorry Kaiden!!


The end!! Nap time!!

1 comment:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! We LOVE the Children's Museum and are hopefully headed back there this week. We should all go together sometime!