Thursday, June 7, 2007

Our Aunt Dana

As promised... All about Aunt Dana!!


The girls are so lucky to have an Aunt Dana. She was there the day they were born and before I received heaven on earth (my epidural) my room was FULL of people and my contractions were ...lets say strong and frequent. Everyone was busy chatting on the other side of the room while I was trying to breathe and not scream can't you just BE QUIET I'm in labor over here!! But Dana was right there watching the monitor and when it would spike her eyes would get big and she would look at me and say, "Um are you having another one?" I would nod and she would giggle and say, "Well I should say so!!" She made it so much better because knowing my competitive side she would tell me how much higher on the charts mine were from everyone else in the hospital. Can you believe they have EVERYONE'S little contraction monitor on your screen and you can see their progress AND their room number? It really was fun and very distracting to say the least. Then I got my epidural and within a very short time (o.k. not really short but quick enough) the girls were here!! I will never forget those few moments. She was the best!! THANKS DANA!!


Waiting patiently for the girls to be born!!







Well, she loves the girls so much and is super with them and they love to make her laugh!!! She bought them their first Astros outfits and made them blankets and pillows for their chairs so they can be comfy when they watch TV. She is the best!!


For those of you who don't know Dana has brain cancer and has had WAY too many surgeries to count!! She is currently undergoing chemo in order to treat her current tumor. She comes down to MD Anderson frequently and gets her checkups and sees her doctors. She was just down today and received a new treatment plan. She will be taking chemo in pill form AND in IV. Yikes. She is our hero, one of the strongest people I know. Unfortunately, I have known way to many people that either have or have had cancer. Right now there is a member of my mothers of multiples group whose 4 month old has a inoperable cancerous tumor in her eye. CANCER SUCKS!!


Here are a few pics of Aunt Dana and the girls!!



Here are the girls wearing their Brain Cancer Awareness bracelets. (Sorry my models weren't into the camera today!!)

Kaiden is checking out her pretty bracelet!!

Kenedi (who either needs a haircut or a ponytail) has to have all of them like always!!


So, say a prayer for Aunt Dana and everyone else out there who is fighting this terrible disease!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your Aunt Dana...She is in our prayers for sure.

Amanda

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Prayers headed Aunt Dana's way!!!