Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Countdown

This year we have started several new traditions with the girls. I wrapped up 24 Christmas books and put them under the tree. Every night we open a book and read it to them. They love it! After the first night when Kenedi didn't get to open one that is... she was not happy that she had to wait until the next day. Now that they understand the "rotation" they love it. I can't remember who's turn it is but they will be quick to tell you!! Last night they opened The Polar Express and Daddy was on duty because I had volleyball practice. I was sad that I missed that night because I LOVE that book. Daddy said I could have it...it was waaaay to long for him. You know he has to read it twice and all... goodness!



Another tradition is the advent calendar. Instead of candy each night I put an activity for us to do as a family. Some are simple like drive around and look at Christmas lights and others are more work like make a gingerbread house or go to the mall and get a name off the angel tree. Last night they did wrapped up. The girls got wrapped up in wrapping paper and got to bust out of it. Jeff said they weren't so sure about that idea so he had to wrap himself first. Why was that the night I was gone? Wouldn't you have loved to see a 6'5" Daddy wrapped in Christmas paper? I know I would have. He said it did the trick and they were all about it after that!!
Here goes Kenedi....


Kaiden's turn...





1 comment:

kristyo15 said...

Such good ideas...I think I'll have to 'borrow' some of those! Um, volleyball practice in December? Dang. I'll have to come for a visit...when/where are y'all practicing?