We were supposed to be heading to Galveston tomorrow afternoon for our yearly beach trip!!
Ike had different plans :) See the red part? Yeah we live in the middle of it :)

Well as Ike moves in on us, we spent the afternoon preparing for his arrival!
Here's Kenedi making sure none of her sandbox toys injure any unsuspecting individual!
Kaiden's helping too!!

I told Jeff to stop by Kroger on the way home for a few extra things. Here's what he came home with. I hope power doesn't stay out long because we will either be drunk or in a sugar induced coma. I don't even have the HUGE bowl of Halloween candy he bought out!! Bring it on IKE we are
soooooooo prepared!! ( I will have to say I understand his reasoning for beer and wine... If we are without power for an extended period of time with 2 two and a half year
olds we might, just might need that!!!!)

While Jeff and the girls prepared the yard I cleaned out and organized our pantry. Thank goodness I got that done before the storm I'm not sure what we would have done...

We decided to break out the board games to get a head start in case we are playing by candle light in 48 hours.
Kaiden kicked
everyone's butts!! BIG TIME!!

Everyone enjoying their celebratory candy after a game. See... Ike doesn't scare us we have Halloween candy!

I never won but I loved every minute of it!!

PS For those of you that know Jeff and I so well I just wanted to add that I beat him every time :) Oh yeah baby!!
1 comment:
Well I certainly hope no one from CPS sees this. You could have at least bought some juice boxes or fruit for the girls. I knew I should have brought them home with me today!
Girls, G'ma and G'dad love you and we hope you make it ok!
Post a Comment